- Self-determination: The Preamble to the Constitution reads: “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” To this end, the United States must return to a natural assumption of self-determination promoting all of the above for ourselves and our posterity, or what President Trump refers to as “America first.”
- Foreign Policy: As George Washington said in his farewell address, “It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world… [t]aking care always to keep ourselves by suitable establishments on a respectable defensive posture, we may safely trust to temporary alliances for extraordinary emergencies.” In an age where politicians compete for the support of a foreign nation’s lobbying organization and the nation risks war on behalf of others, the President’s words stand in stark contrast to what the nation has become. The United States must exit the North Atlantic Treaty and all other treaties binding us to war on behalf of other nations. This is not to say the US will abandon true friends and allies in times of need, but each situation must be based on the needs of this nation first and foremost with temporary alliances being sufficient for defense.
- Foreign Influence: Additionally, organizations including but not limited to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Muslim American Society, Southern Poverty Law Center, Anti-Defamation League, and so on that have public or private ties to foreign nations or entities, whether financial or otherwise, must be stripped of their non-profit status and registered as foreign agents regardless of any focus they may claim to have on domestic policies.
- Financial Sovereignty: As George Washington said in his first annual address to Congress, “A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end… they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others.” In short, the United States must disentangle itself from foreign bodies and treaties that exert control over the nation’s economic and trade policies, either domestically or internationally. This includes the World Trade Organization, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund as well as trade agreements such as NAFTA. The United States must be free to act in its own best interests in all negotiations and agreements. Beyond the various international bodies, the US economy is also entangled with the Federal Reserve, an independent central bank, which is able to set policies without oversight from the executive or legislative branches of government. The “Fed” must be replaced by a national central bank with proper oversight, and policies must be set with domestic tranquility and the general welfare in mind. As John Adams said, “Banks have done more injury to the religion, morality, tranquility, prosperity, and even wealth of the nation than they can have done or ever will do good.” Indeed, one need only look at predatory lending, fake bank account fees, excessively high interest rates, and foreclosure fraud to understand his point. The government must do a better job at regulating predatory practices including excessive interest rates, fees, and penalties, and large banks that establish monopolies or collude with one another must be broken up under antitrust laws.
- The Military: As Alexander Hamilton wrote, “[T]he people of America may be said to have derived an hereditary impression of danger to liberty, from standing armies in time of peace.” Today, the US Military maintains nearly 800 bases in more than 70 nations and territories around the world, costing approximately $100-$200 billion annually. Those facilities should be returned, or sold, to the various host nations, and the equipment and personnel must be returned to the United States. Additionally, all able-bodied men will be required to perform two years of service in a branch of the military upon turning 18 years of age. The requirement can be met by serving on active duty in exchange for the G.I. Bill or by receiving training through militia units as established by the State in which one resides.
- Citizenship: Based on the Naturalization Acts of 1790, 1795, and 1802, which limited citizenship to whites, the Supreme Court case of Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857), and that the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments were illegally ratified by southern states placed under unconstitutional interdiction, citizenship should again be limited to those of recognizable European descent. All other people would lose the citizenship that they were granted unconstitutionally, but allowance could be made for those who were otherwise here legally and do not have a criminal record to remain as guest workers. If, however, their remaining contributed to unemployment among citizens, they should be deported.
- Support for the Family: The family is the basic building block of any nation, but the United States has lost its way with white births being below the replacement level of 2.1 babies per woman for decades, whites accounting for approximately 50% of abortions, more than 1 in 4 white babies being born out of wedlock, &c. Drawing on the Marine Hospital System as created in 1798 under President John Adams, a tax should be levied on adult citizens and any foreigners allowed to be within the country that shall be used to fund a Maternity Hospital System to provide healthcare for pregnant women so long as they are married. Those children would then need to be turned into productive citizens, which would be achieved by Thomas Jefferson’s proposed education system that would provide basic education for all children for free and increasingly greater education for the most qualified. Those wishing more education for their children who were not qualified for the later programs could pay their own way. Parents who choose to homeschool qualified children could receive support through vouchers, as proposed by President Trump.
- Homesteading: In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson who is alleged to have said that “ordinary Americans would never see a federal tax collector in their whole lives,” the homestead tax exemption should be expanded for those who qualify to lessen the burden of property taxes, and the exemption should grow for qualified families with each child they have. Additionally, banks should be barred from foreclosing on family homes and should instead make every effort to restructure loans. No one should profit from preying on families and making them homeless.
- Law and Order: In 1794, during the so-called Whiskey Rebellion, George Washington condemned “those who have never missed an opportunity by side blows, or otherwise, to aim their shafts at the general government” and who would “justify the daring infractions of Law and order.” Today, we are seeing “daring infractions” including riots, political violence, and the like from the Left, and that must end. Anyone seen to be committing such acts in the name of foreign powers, entities, or ideologies should be tried for treason, and anyone seen to be encouraging such acts, aiding in the planning or coordination thereof, or anything else of the like should be tried as conspirators.
- Freedom of Religion: While citizens of the United States should have freedom of religion, there must also be rational limits. For example, any religion or sect that is at odds with the culture and heritage of the US and its British, French, and Spanish predecessors should not be allowed to propagate. Today, with rampant terrorism and groups seeking to subvert the West, there can be no room for tolerance.
- Right to Bear Arms: As the Second Amendment says, “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Thusly, every law-abiding US citizen should be free to purchase any firearm or other handheld weapon without regulation or restriction. As Tench Coxe said in 1788, “Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American…. [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” All federal, state, and local infringements must be formally overturned.
- Freedom of Speech: In 1796, to explain why he would not seek a third term, George Washington said that he was “disinclined to be longer buffeted in the public prints by a set of infamous scribblers.” While freedom of the press is important, the media today is little more than leftist propaganda. Indeed, in 2013, only 1 in 14 journalists was a Republican, and, in 2016, 72% of newspaper and online publishing jobs were located in counties that Hillary Clinton won; 51% in those she won by 30 points or more. This sort of institutional bias cannot be allowed to stand. Additionally, foreigners must be barred from owning media outlets or working within the domestic press. Similar bias also exists among social media giants, and the government must prevent denial of service based on sociopolitical ideology and controversial-but-legal speech. In short, Marxist propaganda cannot be allowed to fill the airwaves while loyal American citizens are silenced by Marxist-leaning corporations.
- Immigration: As a sovereign nation, the United States has an absolute right to control immigration, and, to return to the Naturalization Act of 1790, anyone who is ineligible for citizenship cannot be allowed to enter the country except where allowed on a temporary basis. This is necessary for a number of reasons not the least of which is that 51% of immigrant-led households currently receive at least one form of government welfare, which rises to 76% for those households with children. The ban on immigration must also apply to so-called “refugees” considering that more than 90% of Middle Eastern “refugees” receive welfare as permanent residents. Anyone found to be in the United States illegally must be immediately detained and deported, and any citizens found to be purposely aiding and abetting illegal aliens in avoiding federal law enforcement must be charged with treason.
thomaslewis closed #2
thomaslewis pinned #3